Friday, December 26, 2008

Black Or White


There are times when we all want either a yes or a no,either do or don't,or as i put it now, either Black or white. life is not just about black and white but it's got huge shades of Grey in between. The Grey that confuses,that makes us land up in a dilemma, that just hinders our progress further. The hues of Grey are not always welcome.

The Grey gives a feeling of insecurity. It makes me nervous, frustrates me, and sometimes makes me indecisive. I don't complain about its existence but about its intrusion in my life. Generally I'm very clear about my choices and probably that's why i hate the Grey. It helps us sometimes by giving us the gestation period, to think. But that can't extend for a long time. a decisive Black or white is needed. Of course, there are temporary joys in the Grey. that's the result of false hope. A hope that we give ourselves, that some day, we'll end up with the good. perennial happiness gives much more satisfaction, doesn't it? Now, that's not Grey.


Neither does Black symbolize a bad choice nor does white a good one. But surely, both are better than the Grey. If you ask me if i have the mind set to take in the black or white as it is, and accept them with a whole heart, i guess i have no answer. It's the slight insecurity i have about myself. Or my ability to deal with the negative ( i don't refer to the black or the white). Personally, each has it's own effect. Nevertheless, life has to accept them one day. Let it be TODAY,please.


spare me of the confusion, the intermediate, the Grey.

8 comments:

  1. Black in itself is not a color, unless you have shades of gray or white even to compare it with. Neither is white, unless black is present.
    Human tendency is to be correct, in your words to be in white. That was the reason that white has been termed to be pure. Even scientifically, it is not a wonder when white is something that reflects all the colors, while black absorbs everything, the usual interpretation of good and bad eh?
    The good and bad, as the colors are, are not absolute, they are nothing but a perspective. You can decide one day that white is the new black and vice versa. Nothing is a yes or no. The only true answer, if there is any would be, again in my opinion, MAYBE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ aditya:

    @ aditya:

    i don't argue about the good and bad being related to the colors, as the post appears to be. I'm trying to tell that a clear 'yes" or "no" decision is much more better than the dilemma in life. I've just used the colors as a medium to convey my idea.

    thanks.
    keep coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @S
    That is the same thing I am trying to do. Showing through the colors, that there is no definite yes or no!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A clear yes or no decision might not be the best resort always. The dilemma's make you think and lets your intellect grow. The possibilities are always interesting. If you look at them. A clear yes or no blinds us from such possibilities.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  5. @destination infinity

    yes . agreed that the dilemmas make me think. and then? finally i SHOULD end up in a yes or no, right? can i spend my whole life in a dilemma just because it helps my intellect grow?


    thanks :)

    keep coming

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, i loved it..
    &
    no, i dont agree..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ ani:
    yes, i know u will like it.
    no, u don't have to agree.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

feel free to tell what you want!